Foro DINASTÍAS | La Realeza a Través de los Siglos.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 2 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: Entrevista a Bjarne Steen Jensen
NotaPublicado: 20 Mar 2008 19:48 
Madre Fundadora

An Interview with Bjarne Steen Jensen

Imagen My name is Bjarne Steen Jensen and I am the author of a book about the jewels in the Danish Royal Family published for the first time in 2001: "Juvelerne i det danske kongehus".

I was born in Sonderburg on May 3rd 1956. That is in the part of Denmark, the South of Jutland - that was German from 1864 till 1920. It is always said that people from this part of the country are especially royal and loyal to the Danish Royal House. Sonderburg was part of the duchy Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg- Glücksburg. But that is not the reason for my royal interest. I think the main reason is my old grandmother who was a blessed story teller and history interested person. She was born at Grasten and she did remember when the German emperor came in his yacht to visit Grasten where his wife's family had their summer residence at the Grasten Palace.

When I was seven years old I visited Copenhagen, and my uncle asked me what I wanted to see? Tivoli, the Zoo? No, I wanted to visit The Rosenborg Palace where the Danish Crown jewels were exhibited. So there we went - and from time that I was totally lost. I started to collect all pictures I could find with Queen Ingrid and her daughters in full dress.

I have a MA in History and German philology from the University of Aarhus. In the years of studying I did not spend much time on my hobby though.

As a boy I was annoyed that in the catalogue from Rosenborg every item was described except for the royal jewelry. I found that very silly and after years of studying I realized that I was the person that knew most about the Danish royal jewelry I decided to try to write a book on it myself. There was nothing about it but some articles from Danish magazines and from an exhibition from 1960. A book on the state jewelry was made though before my own book was written.

I am giving lectures on royal jewelry now which I enjoy very much. I also have a home page: http://www.royal-jewelry.dk

When I felt that I was an expert I realized that the book would not be good if there was no cooperation with the Danish court. I sent a letter to Her Majesty asking if she would like a book to be written on her jewelry. I had an answer from the lord chamberlain that Her Majesty found my idea interesting and well overthought but that she found that the subject was too private to her. Well, I was disappointed and therefore I contacted the lord chamberlain again. This time he said that they always said no to people who asked them for such things but that Her Majesty did not mind a book to be written and that she would answer my questions if she was able to.

And she did. She was very interested and gave me a lot of information as she found out that I knew as much as she herself.

I had a lot of troubles though because in Denmark you have no access to the royal files from after 1808. Her Majesty did not give me a special permission and that was very annoying.

After that when people were asking questions on jewelry to the Queen the questions always were sent to me to answer. Could you please answer those questions the lord chamberlain said.

When I asked Her Majesty to allow me to use pictures she said yes. When I asked to have some pictures taken, she also said yes, and I could fetch some of her jewels at the Lord Chamberlain's Office. I did - she had wrapped the jewelry requested in paper and put it in a box. My photographer and I went to one of the Amalienborg Palais where I also wanted a painting to be photographed. After around six hours I brought the box back and said thank you for borrowing this!

I don't know what Queen Margrethe said to my book but Princess Benedikte told me that she had bought many copies and that she gave one to Queen Silvia as a Christmas present. Other royal persons have told me that they find my book well done and most interesting.

My opinion on the use of jewels by:

Queen Margrethe: The Queen is very interested in the historical pieces some of which have belonged to the royal house since 1680. She is wearing those jewels at state functions and at family events. She often wears this jewelry in her own way. But most typical for her is her use of modern jewelry that suits her artistic mind. She would never wear jewelry made in a false style - and I like that!

Queen Ingrid was the elegant queen that was both very friendly and very royal. To me she was sparkling with grandezza. She was my favorite. She was very often wearing all parts of a garniture - but less known are pictures of her experimenting with combining pieces never seen together. Queen Ingrid was a practical woman and she used a lot of old jewelry not worn that often for new pieces for her daughters but I don't think that this is so interesting to remember her with. Much more interesting is her joy of jewelry and her love of the grand historical parures.

Queen Alexandrine was a very likeable person who was more interested in people than in jewelry. She was the queen who sent the crown jewelry back to Rosenborg when she became queen in 1912. Ten years later it could be exhibited for all people to see. She had a fine private collection of jewelry but she was not too fond of finery. Her collection was divided in two parts - one for the King and one for Prince Knud. That is the reason for his family to have some very interesting pieces today. Most of her jewelry came from her Russian family.

Queen Louisa was not so elegant as her sisters-in-law (she was much more intellectual than they were) but for sure she had a collection of jewelry that matched most royal queens. She inherited fine pieces from many members of her rich family and the finest pieces in the royal collection today come from her. She made a family foundation to follow the monarcs but all her children also inherited jewelry from her large collection. If we only had photos of her jewels we would see a lot of jewelry with her descendants.

Queen Louise, the mother-in-law of Europe, surely had more jewelry than we know. Not very much is known about her collection, but we do know that she was very glad to be able to use the Crown Jewelry.

My favorite pieces? Well, I have several, but in the family foundation I am fond of the pearl garniture that is no garniture at all. The pearls are very fine and Her Majesty is wearing it well. In the Crown Jewels I like the emerald garniture as the emeralds are almost perfect with no feathers and with the deep green color. The spray brooch is also very elegant with its five hundred diamonds.

I also like a lot of Queen Margrethe's modern jewelry including the famous poppies. They are made in an excellent craftmanship and are very elegantly designed. I must say that I like such pieces more than I like the British Queen's modern pieces made in a false style that belongs to another time.

I have had the great joy to see all the jewelry belonging to Princess Benedikte - I was amazed! She has a lot of fine pieces and is so interested in their history. She is all the time experimenting with her jewelry and if I should mention some of it I would say her ruby earrings, her diamond brooch with pearls and of course old flower tiara.

Also the cousins of the Queen have interesting jewelry: Princess Elisabeth has the coronation brooch made by Fabergé in 1896. It is beautiful. And a wonderful emerald bracelet that belonged to Queen Alexandrine. Count Ingolf has a lot of jewelry of the finest quality - also many that I have not been writing about in my book. Count Christian also has a lot of pieces with an interesting family history.

My favorite piece: well, a little brooch belonging to the family foundation. It is a large sapphire in a genuine empire setting. Very classical.

My least favorite piece: I am not so fond of my Majesty wearing plastic daisies - even though it is mostly done in her holidays.

I should very much like books about the royal jewelry in Sweden and Norway to be published, but it will not be done by me! I have friends who have worked with those jewels for years. They tell me about their research and I try not to tell anybody about their discoveries. I hope they will succeed in publishing books on the subjects.

I am working on having a new edition of my book with new pictures published in English by an Australian publisher. I hope it will be possible. It will not be a translation but a book with Crown Princess Mary as a principal character - to use the Mary effect.

But I am working on another book about state visits. I am making a large research before approaching Her Majesty with my idea. But I hope that it can be crowned by an exhibition on gifts from state visits at the Museum at the Amalienborg. I think Her Majesty will be interested, but of course I again have to make myself an expert on the subject before taking contact about this.

As a matter of fact I think that it is most impolite for royal maniacs to try to get into contact with royalty just for own curiosity. Royal people have a right to have a private life too and jewelry in a way is part of this private life!

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: 20 Mar 2008 19:50 
Madre Fundadora

Entrevista a Bjarne Steen Jensen

Imagen
Es el autor de un libro acerca de las joyas de la familia real danesa publicado en 2001. Nació el 3 de mayo de 1956 en Sonderburg, Dinamarca, lugar donde la gente es especialmente real y leal a la casa real. Cuenta con un Master en historia y filología alemana de la Universidad de Aarhus.

Bjarne cuenta que la razón principal de su interés hacia la realeza proviene de su abuela, que contaba muy bien las historias y tenía mucho interés hacia la historia. “Cuando tenía siete años visité por primera vez la ciudad de Copenhague y mi tío me preguntó lo que deseaba ver. Le contesté que quería visitar el palacio de Rosenborg, donde se exhibían las joyas de la corona danesa”. “Mi tío me complació y a partir de ese momento comencé a coleccionar todas las fotos que encontraba sobre la Reina Ingrid y sus hijas”.

“Cuando era muchacho me pertubaba que el catálogo de Rosenborg no tuviera descripciones de la joyería real y sí de otros objetos reales daneses. Después de años de estudio realicé que yo era la persona que más conocía sobre las joyas de la casa real danesa. Por eso decidí escribir un libro sobre el particular. Cuando comencé a escribir el libro solamente encontré algunos artículos sobre las joyas reales y sobre una exposición de 1960. También existía un libro sobre la joyería del estado”.

“Cuando sentí que ya era un experto en la materia pensé que el libro tenía que contar con la cooperación de la corte real danesa para que fuera excelente. Entonces me dí a la tarea de enviar una carta a Su Majestad, la Reina Margarita, para saber su opinión acerca de escribir un libro sobre su joyería. Sin embargo, el que me contestó fue el “Lord Chamberlain”. Me dijo que a Su Majestad le encantaba la idea sobre el libro, pero que a ella le parecía que el tema demasiado privado. Me decepcioné por su opinión y decidí contactar de nuevo al “Lord Chamberlain”. Esta vez me contestó que la casa real danesa siempre negaba este tipo de peticiones, pero que a Su Majestad no le importaba que se publicara el libro y que ella colaboraría conmigo”. “Y así fue. Ella estaba muy interesada en la realización del libro y me dio mucha información cuando se percató que yo sabía tanto como ella. Confronté muchos problemas porque en Dinamarca el pueblo no tiene acceso a los archivos reales desde 1808. Su Majestad no me dio un permiso especial para ello y eso dificultó todo”.

“Después cuando la gente le hacía preguntas sobre joyería siempre me las enviaba el “Lord Chamberlain” de parte de Su Majestad para que las contestara”.

“Cuando le solicité a la Reina Margarita si me permitía utilizar sus albumes me contestó afirmativamente. También me complació cuando le pedí tomarle algunas fotografías con sus mejores alhajas. Tuve acceso a algunas de sus joyas reales en la oficina del “Lord Chamberlain”. Fui junto a un fotógrafo al Palacio de Amalienborg, donde también fotografiamos a una pintura”.

“No conocí la opinión de la Reina Margarita al ver publicado el libro, pero su hermana, la Princesa Benedicta, me comunicó que Su Majestad había comprado muchas copias y que le había regalado una copia a la Reina Silvia de Suecia como presente de Navidad”.

La opinión del autor acerca del uso de joyas por parte de estas reinas:

Reina Margarita: “Su Majestad siempre está interesada en las piezas históricas, algunos de las cuales han pertenecido a la casa real desde 1680. Ella utiliza ese tipo de joyas en los eventos de estado y en los acontecimientos familiares. Es típico en ella utilizar joyería moderna que sea acorde a su mente artística”.

Reina Ingrid: “Fue la reina más amistosa y real que tuvo Dinamarca. Ella es mi favorita. Fue una reina muy elegante. Usaba a menudo todas las partes de un “garniture” (aderezo), pero no le gustaba experimentar combinando piezas nuevas. Disfrutaba mucho de las alhajas y sentía un gran amor hacia las piezas históricas”.

Reina Alexandrine: “Fue una persona muy agradable que tuvo más interés hacia la gente que hacia la joyería. Ella fue la reina que envió de nuevo la joyería real a Rosenborg cuando se convirtió en reina (1912) de Dinamarca. Diez anos después la joyería real fue exhibida para que el pueblo la pudiera apreciar. Su colección estaba dividida en dos partes: una para el rey y una para príncipe Knud. Ésa es la razón por la cual su familia tiene hoy algunas piezas interesantes. La mayoría de su colección fue heredada por su familia rusa”.

Reina Louisa: “No fue muy elegante, pero fue una reina muy intelectual. Sus hermanas le ganaban en elegancia. Las piezas más finas que posee hoy la colección real danesa provienen de esta reina. Ella también creó una fundación familiar”.

Opinión del autor sobre sus piezas favoritas:
“Tengo varias, pero estoy muy encariñado con el “garniture” (aderezo) de perlas porque las perlas que contiene son muy finas y porque Su Majestad lo sabe llevar muy bien. De las joyas de la corona me gusta mucho el “garniture” (aderezo) de esmeraldas. El broche es muy elegante con sus quinientos diamantes. También me gusta su joyería moderna, incluyendo sus famosas amapolas. Me gustan más esas piezas que la joyería moderna que tiende utilizar la Reina de Inglaterra”.

“He tenido la dicha de ver toda la joyería perteneciente a la princesa Benedicta, la hermana de Su Majestad. Ella tiene muchas piezas finas y está muy interesada en la historia de cada una. Siempre está experimentando con su joyería. Me encantan sus pendientes de rubíes, su broche de diamantes con perlas y su tiara de flores”.

“Los primos de la Reina Margarita también son poseedores de joyería importante e interesante. La Princesa Elisabeth posee el broche de la coronación hecho por Fabergé en 1896 y una pulsera de esmeraldas que perteneció a la reina Alexandrine. El Conde Ingolf posee joyería de extrema calidad. El Conde Christian también cuenta con muchas piezas interesantes”.

“Me gustaría mucho que se publicaran libros sobre las joyas reales de Suecia y Noruega, pero yo no me puedo poner a la tarea de escribirlos. Tengo amigos que han trabajado muchos anos con las joyas reales de Suecia y Noruega, y éstos me comentan sobre su investigación. Sin embargo, trato de guardarles sus secretos. Deseo que tengan mucho éxito con sus libros”.

“Actualmente estoy trabajando en una nueva edición de mi libro con nuevas fotos. Será publicado en inglés por un editor de Australia. No será una traducción del libro en danés sino un libro enfocado en la princesa Mary para aprovechar el “efecto Mary”. También estoy trabajando en otro libro acerca de las visitas de estado en Dinamarca. Primero estoy haciendo una investigación para luego explicarle la idea sobre el libro a la Reina Margarita”.

Título del libro: “Juvelerne i det danske kongehus"
Autor: Bjarne Steen Jensen
Editorial danesa: Saxo

Fuente de la entrevista:
http://royal-jewels2.blogspot.com/

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 2 mensajes ]